F100 Nationals For Sera and Wall

National Titles were on the line at Horsepower Heaven in the Formula 100 classes and it was two of Arrow’s regulars that grabbed the green plates.

F100 Light
David Sera’s incredible record in karting continues to build, the factory Arrow driver adding a tenth National title to his resume on Sunday.

This guy is a Plug-n-Play device; put him in a kart and he works.

Sera was undefeated on day 2 and claimed the win ahead of outgoing champion Adam Hughes. “After qualifying on pole position at this event for the past two years it is great to finally break through and win the National Championship in Formula 100,” said Sera, who has now won three Australian Championships in 2009 for the Arrow Karts team.

“Today’s win certainly ticks another box that I’ve wanted to tick in my karting career, now I’m going to be setting my sights on the KZ2 Championship in 2010.”

Newly crowned CIK champ Hayden McBride came through from 10th to take 3rd. McBride never appeared to be a factor until the final. In serious rib pain throughout the weekend, he limited his miles through the event, doing only one qualifying session and sitting out heat 3.

Daniel Richert and Tyler Greenbury engaged in a raging battle before Greenbury retired after losing his nose. Richert and Aaron Ivermee retired after colliding.

This allowed Adam Mercer up fourth, a fitting result considering he DNF’d the pre-final whilst running 3rd when the carburettor came loose. Mathew Hayes overcame some engine dramas in the heats for 5th.

  1. David Sera (Arrow/TM)
  2. Adam Hughes (Kosmic/TM)
  3. Hayden McBride (Gillard)
  4. Adam Mercer (Tony Kart/TM)
  5. Matthew Hayes (Maranello/TM)

Above: F100 Light podium
pic - photowagon.com.au

Above: It just wasn't a good weekend for the Greenburys. This is how Tyler's F100 campaign ended.

F100 Heavy
Apart from Brad Fitch winning the third heat, you couldn’t say Matt Wall was seriously threatened for the F100 Heavy title. However, he did have huge dramas in the final, a coolant hose coming adrift mid-race. By the time he encountered this technical problem, Wall had already pulled clear of his pursuers and was able to turn down the pace. “There was no water temp because there was no water left in the engine” he explained. “I richened all the jets and it made it home.”

Fitch was headed for a strong second but his engine cruelly nipped up on the last lap. This promoted Matthew Mills to second, a fitting result after an off-track episode in the pre-final tore the bottom out of his seat.

One of the stalwarts in the resurgence of F100 Heavy, Bobby Bourke, was third followed by Jason Stania and Andrew Quinn. Grid 3 starter Dominic Albanese locked his engine on lap 2.

“Any green plate is nice” said winner Wall. “My goal this year was to win the Clubman Heavy title at the Nationals in Townsville, now I’ve been fortunate enough to win in Clubman, Rotax and Formula 100 all in the same year”.

  1. Matthew Wall (Arrow/TM)
  2. Matthew Mills (First/Parilla)
  3. Bobby Bourke (Kosmos/TM)
  4. Jason Stania (Kosmos/Bull)
  5. Andrew Quinn (CRG/TM)

Above: F100 Heavy podium
pic - photowagon.com.au


© kartsportnews.com