Karting News Briefs
Various news snippets from the karting world:
- Karting featured on Channel Ten's "The Project" prior to the recent Eastern Creek round of CIK. It was part of the Sydney cross during the program's Metro Whip Around. On the same night, Eastern Creek International Karting Raceway’s Managing Director Garry Holt was featured on SPEED TV’s (Channel 512 on Foxtel/Austar) Inside Speed program. More on the AKA site HERE.
- Formula One driver Karun Chandhok has decided to organise another “Karun’s Karting Karnival”. The event will take place on the UK's Whilton Mill circuit on August 21 and will raise money for educating underprivileged children in India. "The event will be a great chance for the non-paddock people to meet, race alongside and hang out with the experts from the world of F1 and Sportscars" Chandhok said on his webpage.
More detail HERE.
- An E-Zine of images has been produced from the fourth round of the CIK Stars of Karting series (right).
Featuring some great shots from AF Images, the E-zine can be found on the AKA site HERE.
- The Kart Racing Network (KRN) will live stream the 2012 US Rotax Grand Nationals which run from August 9 to 11. 'The Voice of Rotax', Ken Walker, has been confirmed as the announcer for the live broadcast. The racecast will take place HERE.
- Supp Regs for the 2012 Rotax Nationals, to be held at Dubbo from August 30 to September 2, are now online. Click HERE to download the PDF.
- The karting division of ART Grand Prix has announced that IRU1 Motorsport Sdn Bhd is the exclusive distributor for the ART brand in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei and in the Philippines. The deal will also cover India, China and Macau, although not on an exclusive basis.The deal gives birth to the official ART Grand Prix Asia team, set to enter the Asia Rotax Series, Yamaha SL Cup Series, WSK Asia Series and other major karting events in Asia.