Karting News Briefs
The OMP brand of karting race apparel is now available at Concept Racegear in Melbourne. "The addition of the world renowned OMP brand to our already extensive range of apparel will enhance our ability to provide an even greater choice of high quality products for our customers" Stan at Concept informed KartSportNews. - www.conceptracegear.com.au.
- Production of the ZAP Spark Plug Tester ceased about three years ago, but Mike Abay, who built the devices, has decided to make a small number of them again, utilising the remaining left over parts he has on hand. Abay advised KartSportNews that, despite many requests, he wasn't interested in going back into full production, and that he has no plans to do any more ZAP testers after these are gone. This last batch will be ready by Christmas at a cost of $180 each (inc. GST & delivery anywhere in Australia). Email Mike on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kip Foster sent us this pic (right) of the SuperNationals track in Las Vegas.
Foster reckons the track is a wider and more flowing layout this year compared to the past.
"It may suit mid-range engines better this year, like Motori." LIVE coverage of the event can be found on ekartingnews HERE. Event page HERE.
- Wallie's end-of-year enduro has had a significant format change for the 2012 edition. Previously based around 125cc TaG-style classes, next month's race on December 8 will have a division open to any AKA approved engine / class! There will be three divisions in the 4.5hr senior enduro - Open (for both engine & tyre), Masters 35yrs and over (also Open engine/tyre) and 125 TaG Restricted (MG Red). The 120 minute Junior enduro is open to Jnr National (130kg) and Jnr MAX. Supp Regs via the Race Calendar page HERE.
- speedcafe reports that Kalgoorlie Dash for Cash winner, Dutchman Joey Hanssen, has revealed he might soon call Australia home. Hanssen, who drove for the Lenzo Kart Australia team in Saturday’s event, made the revelation to Kalgoorlie’s GWN7 News during an interview on Monday. More on speedcafe HERE.
- Speaking of the Dash for Cash, several photo galleries from the event have popped up on facebook, such as on the RK Karts Australia page HERE, and AKA page HERE.
- Radio interview with Joseph Mawson about his U18 World Championship round win, plus AKA Media & Marketing Manager Lee Hanatschek's take on the win, on Inside Motor Sport - link via the AKA site HERE.
- As of Tuesday November 13, Dubbo Kart Club’s Lincoln County Raceway is once again open for all karting uses, including racing and practice.
- The entry cut-off for the 2012 Victorian Closed Titles has been extended to November 22. The event takes place at Bendigo on December 1-2. Supp Regs via the Race Calendar page HERE.
- A bit of a preview for the sixth round of the Victorian Country Series at Cobden on the weekend has been published on the Camperdown Cronicle website. Click HERE to check it out.