Karting News Briefs
The National Office of the Australian Karting Association will close at 12pm on Friday 21st December 2012 and re-open again at 10:30am on Monday 7th January 2013.
- DPE and IKD will also close for the holiday break at the close of business this Friday the 21st and re-open on Monday, January 7 next year.
- Dean Crooke and Brad Bond are the 'Pro' and 'A' division winners in the 2012 Australian Hyper PRO Racer Championship. The one-make series ran over 8 rounds at venues such as Winton, Bryant Park, Phillip Island and the RAAF base in Sale. Further wrap of the series, with photos, HERE.
- The AKA has published a number of the state race calendars for 2013. Click HERE to access the race schedules for NSW, NT, QLD, SA, WA and TAS. Victoria's should be available soon.
- Speaking of racing next year, Supp Regs and event details for a number of the opening race meetings in 2013 are already available on our Race & Evens Calendar page, including Pro Tour, Junior Top Guns, VKS and the Brian Farley Memorial.
- The Victorian Karting Association awarded the 2012 VKA Karters of the Year at the association's presentation night on the weekend. The recipients were:
James Sera and
- A rev limiter has been developed for fitment to the Rotax Mini-MAX engine used in Rotax Challenge of the Americas next year. The engine's power amplifies dramatically once it passes over 12,600 RPM. The new Mini Max Rev Limiter is designed to allow the engine to reach the 12,550 RPM mark, and then allow the ignition to fire just enough to keep the engine running without advancing to a high RPM.
- Ron Shiells (pictured) was recently awarded Life Membership to the Warrnambool Kart club.
The club's top 3 aggregate drivers in each class for 2012 were - Cadets: 1 Jack Owen, 2 Jake Maraldo, 3 Max Owen. Clubman Heavy: 1 Ian Cowling, 2 Chris Allely, 3 Daryl Bolden. Rookies: 1 Jay Coul, 2 Acacia Owen, 3 Nerinda Beard. Junior National Light: 1 Tom Owen. Sportsman Restricted Heavy: 1 Billy Askew, 2 John Haynes, 3 Luke Purcell. Clubman Light: 1 Anthony Magilton, 2 Andrew Holmes. Sportsman Restricted Light: 1 Andrew Holmes, 2 Nathan Shanley, 3 Ross MacDonald.