Karting News Briefs
rien karting de partout le karting...
- Seems kart clubs in the United States are free to do their own tyre deals. Evinco Tires has revealed the company will supply spec tyres to 10 kart clubs in Northern California for the 2017 and 2018 seasons. The clubs will use Evinco Blue and Evinco Red tyres in appropriate classes. Evinco has put the call out to kart clubs across America to discuss their tyre supply program. In Australia, it is typically the governing bodies of karting that allocate and/or approve tyres for each class.
- Wimmera Kart Club has increased the in-grid capacity of the Horsham venue, with new concrete poured that will allow faster processing of karts after practice, qualifying or racing. "Those needing to weigh in will veer left and drive right up to the scales (no lifting!) with two lanes available for all remaining karts to exit the grid area" the club posted on Facebook. Horsham Rural City Council provided much of the funding for the project through its Community Grants Program.
pic - WKC/Facebook
- Iconic industry supplier Revolution Racegear is looking to fill a casual vacancy at the Mitcham (Melbourne) store. The position is predominately Saturday work. RR is looking for someone who has a strong customer focus and is interested in motor sports and the motor racing community. Potential candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- A massive number of drivers scored points in the North American Weekly Racing Series for Briggs & Stratton 206 competitors. 1,523 senior drivers (a 25% increase over last year) participated across 45 tracks in the USA and Canada. 2016 was the first year for Juniors, almost 800 of them competing at 39 of the venues. Canadian Matthew Taskinen (a Team Canada member at the Rotax Grand Finals) was top junior scorer. Read more on ekartingnews HERE.
- SKUSA has released the configuration of the track for this year's 20th running of the SuperNationals. The 12-turn 1,350 metre layout was designed by event veterans Bonnier Moulton and Howie Idelson, both of whom have raced in all 19 previous editions. A number of Aussies are about to head over to the USA to contest the event, which takes place at the Las Vegas Convention Center on November 16-20.
- Vroom report that former world champion and racing manager at BirelART, Gianluca Beggio, has left the organisation. The Italian has taken up a position with the Lario Motorsport Racing Team. Read more on Vroom HERE.
- Video: Highlights from the 2016 Jenke Classic, incorporating the Cadet/Junior Challenge and the Adelaide Restricted Zonal Championship Final Round, held at Spitwater Raceway, Barossa Go-Kart Club. Video by Kart Action Media.
- Emerging American karter Brandon Lemke has signed with McCallister Precision Marketing, a motor sports marketing agency. The 16-year old drives with the Merlin/Franklin Motorsports team and was last year's SKUSA Pro Tour Junior champion. He started racing in 2009. In his first season in Senior competition (2016) he has a 24% win rate and is on the podium 74% of the time.
- The CIK-FIA has issued a reminder to lubricant manufacturers that the submission deadline for lubricant approval application for 2017 is set for 15 November. Applications need to be validated by the ASN of the respective country, plus a sample sent to the Intertek laboratory.
- Karts could one day be racing at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. ekartingnews.com report a private test with a number of karts and drivers was conducted at the famous speedway last month. A handful of drivers ran karts from a Briggs 206 to TaG and KZ shifters on four different track configurations. For more on this, visit ekartingnews HERE (includes quotes and video).
pic - ekartingnews
Is there a person (or people) at your club who can write up a bit of a race report, take a few photos then send them through for publication on KartSportNews?
I'm more than happy to give your club members and drivers some recognition for their racing efforts by running race reports on the site, from pretty much any karting event.
For information about submitting reports etc, have a look at the Contribute page :)