Karting News Briefs
a few quickies to close the year...
- DPE Kart Technology posted some pack up photos of the final days at the Nantilla Road factory. "We say goodbye to our home of many years. Whilst it will be sad for us to leave, we look forward to moving to our new tailored headquarters where we feel we can better serve the karting community."
- The K-Racer warehouse is closed until Monday the 9th of January. "We will still be accepting orders and running the weekly specials as per usual, just unable to dispatch orders until we return. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause!"
- A progressive registrations list for the 2017 Australian Kart Championship is being maintained on the Karting Australia website. Click HERE to see the latest names and race number allocations. Entries opened earlier this week and the Cadet 12 class is already at capacity, 40 drivers entered for round 1 at Newcastle. A reserves list is now being taken.
- Entries are also now open for the first round of the Rotax Pro Tour. Taking place at Todd Rd in Melbourne at the end of January, Supp Regs and other event information can be found HERE.
- Mike Speed, father of former F1 and NASCAR driver Scott Speed, is forming an exclusive karting team for 2017 that will offer just six spots - three Junior drivers and three Mini/Cadets. 'Speed Concepts Racing' will be headquartered at Orlando Kart Center. "The team has a very unique participation package that offers a significant value to those competing on a national level," explained Speed. "We are dedicated to winning and solidifying our name as one of the top teams in North America."
Above: Mike Speed (pic - Cody Schindel/CanadianKartingNews.com)
- End of year track works at Southern Go Kart Club's Bolivar Raceway:
Above: Drivers will no doubt run wider with the extra kerbing to use on corner exit (pics - SGKC/Facebook)
- The CIK-FIA 'best of' 2016 inerviews continue on the governing bodies website:
- Maik Siebecki (Modena engine tuber) HERE
- Genk circuit HERE
- Davde Fore Gold Kart driver) HERE
- Zanardi Corse Australia building up customer chassis for the 2017 season. "Zanardi Corse Australia is busily constructing our first shipment of new Zanardi chassis ready for racing in early January! The next shipment is due in February so get your order in now before they all go".
pics - Zanardi Corse Australia/Facebook
- Ringwood Kart Centre advise the shop will re-opn on Friday January 6. "We are open to from 9am - 6pm on Friday and 9am-1pm on Saturday! See you there".